Hayward H300 heater

May 18, 2009
I hope i can explain this. My heater is leaking so i took off the top and the heat shield. On the right side of the heat exchanger there are 2 openings one on top of the other. The top one has a wire probe exiting from it and the bottom one has nothing. The bottom one is where a steady stream of water is coming out. Almost seems like something is missing. I know this isn't the best explanation but any ideas?

Is the leak coming from a threaded hole? Or is there something that looks like a brass plug with a hole in the middle of it? Those heaters usually come with a drain plug, which is a brass plug with a threaded drain in the middle of it. The plugs are removed/opened when winterizing the heater.

Here is a better picture. That red wire has nothing to do with it as it runs behind the heater. The water is coming out of the nut looking valve below the 1 more visable.

Attachments

• 0527091822.jpg
    0527091822.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 42

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.