Think i may need help soon!

Chlorine can be from any source and yes it's just price. It must be labelled with percentage sodium hypochlorite and have a recent manufacture date like 16120 or higher, and higher the better

Get the muriatic acid, buy half a gallon or a gallon. You'll need it eventually, it's cheap and it keeps.

If you have 3 or 4 lbs of stabilizer, you don't need to buy any more.

I don't think you'll need more than about 4 lbs of baking soda

Yes, a floater for weekends is fine

Glad you're well underway :)

Chlorine can be from any source and yes it's just price. It must be labelled with percentage sodium hypochlorite and have a recent manufacture date like 16120 or higher, and higher the better

Get the muriatic acid, buy half a gallon or a gallon. You'll need it eventually, it's cheap and it keeps.

If you have 3 or 4 lbs of stabilizer, you don't need to buy any more.

I don't think you'll need more than about 4 lbs of baking soda

Yes, a floater for weekends is fine

Glad you're well underway :)

my pool is down to the next to the last step on my ladder and I still can't see the head of the vacuum that I am using to weigh down the hose that I am using to siphon it out! it is soooo milky/cloudy! thanks so much for all of your help! :)

I just thought of something............with your breathing problems use GREAT care with the MA..the fumes are NASTY and cause ME to cough if I catch a whiff.....Here are some "tricks":

-guess how much you need so you do not have to pour into something else. Go on the less side to be safe.

-when you go to pour it in to the pool make sure the pump is running and pour it slowly in front of the return.

-make sure the wind is blowing away from you

-when you go to pour put the jug in the water and just kind of tip it over so it does not splash.

-talk hubby into putting it in???

Kim:cat:

I just thought of something............with your breathing problems use GREAT care with the MA..the fumes are NASTY and cause ME to cough if I catch a whiff.....Here are some "tricks":

-guess how much you need so you do not have to pour into something else. Go on the less side to be safe.

-when you go to pour it in to the pool make sure the pump is running and pour it slowly in front of the return.

-make sure the wind is blowing away from you

-when you go to pour put the jug in the water and just kind of tip it over so it does not splash.

-talk hubby into putting it in???

Thank you very much, that's all very good advice and I think having the hubby do that particular one is probably the way I'll have to go..

View attachment 51539

The water is a little more than a foot deep at this point and I still can't see the dark blue vacuum head that is on the bottom of the pool holding the hose in place that is doing my siphoning. I'm waiting for it to get a little bit shallower so that I can see the bottom a little better or at all actually and then I will start sweeping product across to the vacuum so that it can hopefully get pulled out during this process and save me a whole bunch of cleaning. I know I'm going to have to scrub the walls and the bottom and rinse it all out but I want to get as much out with this process as possible...

I think Kim and Marian should check my recipe to be extra sure on this. It's based on shocking it for two days with the fill, then letting it drop. They'll know better whether 40 or 50 ppm CYA is best.

Asking the experts... can we take this down as low as we can? Like maybe just 3 or 4 inches if the sides are looking sturdy? It will be that much less to filter out. Long story, but during summer at a nursery we used an AG pool as a reservoir and took it down to 4" when the pump would start to suck air when the water needs were high.

ta2 has been scrubbing while trying to clear it. Do you think she absolutely needs to get in there now and scrub a ton more? Or will the FC do it? It looks not bad to me from the pics.

This one feels like the thread... "Help needed, a 9-yr-old's birthday party depends on it". Saturday is fast approaching :)

Mainly at this point I'm just trying to push the product that is sitting on the floor of my pool towards the siphon so that as much of it goes out as possible. The pool is actually fairly clean as I keep it swept and scrubbed fairly regularly for the most part. If I can just sweep as much out as i can as it siphons, and then fill it without having to finish emptying it that last few inches that would be fantastic but I'm prepared to do whatever is best. There is actually about 8 to 10 inches of water left in it right now and I went ahead and stopped the siphon for the night those bugs were eating me up. My plan was to work through the morning tomorrow and go out about an hour and a half before my lunch hour and get it started going again so that over my lunch hour I could concentrate on sweeping what product is left towards the siphon. All of that being said the 8 to 10 inches of water that is still in the pool is still almost impossible to see through to the bottom

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also just want to make sure everybody knows that I am realistic about our time frame and I'm okay if I'm not up and running on Friday. My brother will be here for two weeks and as long as I'm up and running in short order I'm okay with that. I have some health and time limitations that will slow me down a little bit that I'm dedicated to doing this correctly and by all of the instructions given

I'm actually not planning to be gone for any vacation anytime soon but sometimes we go to town and end up spending the night so I was just curious if it's ok to use those are times when we're going to be gone and not able to do my normal chlorination and testing

When I look up my pool specs it says from the manufacturer that it is almost 10500 gallons, but when I put the information into the pool calculator as far as the size and shape and depth it comes back and says 12800 gallons... should I go with the numbers from the pool calculator or should I go with the numbers from the manufacturer when I'm figuring things out?

If you've measured with a long tape, I would go with yours, but be careful about depth. It's water depth, not pool depth.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Marian's plan for 40 CYA is still better. It's easy to raise later if desirable. Much harder to reduce.

I am here to just nod and say you got this..........your plans are solid.....get as much water out as you can using the sweeping towards the hose to get it out.

I would not worry about scrubbing the sides really. What I would do is as you are adding water to add the first bit by spraying the water onto the walls to rinse them down. No reason to scrub to me. I think the cloudy is from all of the product they Pool $tore had her add :(

Now the hard part...........your filter........Do you have any extra cartridges? If not the next time one of you is at the store you might want to think about buying one or two extra. That way you can just pop the dirty one out and the clean one in and keep on going.

It is all going to come down to the filter to get the rest of that stuff out. It will be working over time for sure. My HOPE is that with all of the new, clear water it will all get diluted enough to be easy to filter the little bit of stuff out.

Oh and GOOD MORNING!!!! :sun:

Good morning! I have plenty of new filters because I bought an entire case at the beginning of Summer due to the fact that last year I found that these particular cartridges get harder to find locally as the summer wears on. I will be working all day but we'll be doing stuff off and on as I can.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.