Aqua Bug Pool Vac

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
The AG pool we got used came with what I think is an Aqua-Bug pool vac. It is pretty faded and I'm not even sure if it works or not. I have a Polaris Vac-Sweep from our old pool. Aside from being a lot cheaper when we got it, it works on the return side so it's easier to install/remove and I don't have all that stuff getting sucked up by the filter. It rides around and jets blow the dirt off the bottom of the pool and into a collection bag. I used to let it run overnight when the pump and SWG are running. I'd still have to vacuum some spots, especially by the ladders, about every 2 weeks or so. Assuming the aqua bug works, is it significantly better than the one I'm using now?

It depends a bit on your needs, but you might find you use both at different times.

For me, I like the leaves, bird droppings, worms and dead bugs going to the skimmer. I also like the dust going to the filter. The filter removes very fine particles, and it's easily backwashed, so all-in-all everything is made for the job.

If I had a lot of big leaves on the bottom, I might need a cleaner that handles them better, such as the polaris style. Or if I had a bigger pool, I'd probably want a robot for the scrubbing, but also to get the leaves.

This article might be useful: Pool School - Automatic Pool Cleaners

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.