Water features turned off at regular time and spa is draining for some reason…..

Apr 19, 2015
Palm City, Florida
Good evening all: Our in ground pool is now 6 months old. Our water features turned off at the scheduled time and then a short time later, we noticed that our raised spa was nearly empty. We texted our pool builder supervisor (who has been wonderful even after the construction and turn over), but have not heard back [weekend/holiday weekend], so I thought I would ask the experts here. :) What's going on? Earlier in the day we did have a 30 second power outage, but that didn't last too long and nothing seemed to be affected at that time.

We turned the water features back on and the spa filled again. We intend to keep them on until we can reach our PB.

Thanks!

Thanks for responding. :) I don't know how to upload a picture here. Update though: In the morning, the pump shut itself off - when we don't know as we weren't up yet (could be how my husband set it the night before) and the water didn't drain from the spa this time. About an hour later, the pump turned itself on again.

Your spa water wants to be the same level as your pool water. If your valves are in the proper positions then there should be a check valve at the return side of your plumbing to stop your spa from draining back into your pool.

The check valve could either be at a common return plumbed by the pool return or at the spa return.

Most likely with your pool being new some valve is probley left open. But I can't tell you for sure unless I get a picture of the system and the plumbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.