Lowering the TA and pH level

cindy hahm

In The Industry
Jul 2, 2016
California
I have a customer whose pool I've been trying to lower the pH level in by adding the specific acids used to lower the pool pH. However, when I go to do the weekly service after a week, the pH level is always 8.0+. I put it lots of acid but it's always high. Please help me. When I researched it, it said to lower the TA but in order to do that, I need to put in acid and that's what I've been doing.

A good set of test results will help us help you.

So why is the pH rising so fast? Are there water features, sprays and such in the pool? A load of kids splashing around each day? What is the pH of the fill water? What is the TA?

Just because you are adding acid on your weekly round doesnt automatically mean the TA will get lower and lower and start buffering the pH. If the fill water TA is high that could counteract adding acid.

It sounds as if a comple water parameter survey of the pool, how its used and the fill water is in order and if necessary, bring the TA down all at once, so that the pH rise can be better controlled.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.