Would you take this pool company off the list?

May 22, 2014
Newmanstown PA
I called a few pool companies around me to get quotes on opening my pool, killing the algae and setting up my new 300lb Hayward Sand Filter and pump. One place said they would prefer to use the old filter system as it's preferred over the sand filtering element. I didn't want to get into it with them since obviously whichever company I choose will go against the TFP method and charge me up the river for "pool store chemicals," but should I just eliminate them from the list based off of this? I'm thinking so, but I didn't want to be a scrooge just because of this.

Thanks
Judd

Re: Would you mark this pool company off the list?

hmmmmm... do they charge a flat rate to open a pool? If it is, they just are avoiding the extra work of setting it up I bet. If they charge hourly rates they should do what you want them to do no matter what. You weren't asking them their preferences.

Its getting so late to open, I'd go with whomever you trust that can get out there the quickest.

Re: Would you mark this pool company off the list?

They said they charge $100 for the first visit plus $60 for chemicals then per hour every time after that that they need to come out. This year I am going to pay out the butt for minimal time anyhow given that I will only be home about 3 weeks. I wasn't going to open it since my wife and kids join the local pool when I'm gone, but since the cover ripped and the pool got nasty now I have no choice. :) It honestly seemed like they didn't want to mess with the Sand Filter. They were the cheapest so far. The others were $200-$250 to open and shock it then $75-$100 per hour each additional time they have to come out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.