Anybody know what valve this is?

It's a good valve with a very clever design. They say that you can turn it with both pumps running. In my opinion, their big drawback was that the valves were crazy expensive.

Since the company is out of business, I would think that parts would be unavailable unless someone bought the assets an continued to make and sell the valves.

What is the reason for tearing into the valve? James is right it is a Mark Urban valve. He made them himself using his own design. Usually the ones that are stacked our for sharing a heater. You can google his name w/pool valves and get some pictures, but i don't believe parts are available

Late to comment, but this valve needs to be back on the market.
This valve is for systems where the spa and the pool are not tied together in the same vessel.

It was high in price, about $400, but bear in mind that it also replaced 4 conventional Jandy valves at $75 each.
It also made it idiot proof when switching your heater from spa service to pool service.
I have done repairs on pool/spa non-combos where one or more of the valves were left in incorrect positions, most commonly a drained spa and an overflowed pool with plumbing and pump damage.

Mark Urban also had a "y" valve that plumbed into the pump discharge.
One leg went to the filter and the other was a fire hose connection. It was a great idea. Can you imagine watching your house burning while your standing next to 20,000 gallons of water?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.