2016 Intex 24x12 pool setup fix help

Jun 30, 2016
Vancouver
New to TFP and I really appreciate all those who took the time to post your experience.

Pool: Intex Ultra Frame 12x24
Pump: Model EC015110 Sand Filter with E.C.O
Heater: Solar Pro XD2
Pool maintenance: skimmer, telescoping vacuum, solar blanket

I installed the pool on a 26'x14' foot pad of compacted gravel. The pad should have been a foot wider but I didn't know that going in. I placed placed 20"x15" pressure treated blocks under the pool feet and it works great.

However the pool shifted slightly during the fill so the feet on one side are up against the form. Since the form is braced with steel rods it is not likely to move any farther.

The problem / concern is this: As you can see from the picture the blocks on the effected side are pressing up into the restrainer straps and movement of these straps during use will eventually cut the strap.

How the heck do I relieve the pressure on the effected legs just enough to place a foam pad under the restrainer strap to cut down on the friction and avoid a failure?

Are you planning to leave it up all year or take it down at the end of summer? If taking it down in two months anyway I'd be tempted to leave it alone the remainder of this season -- I would guess it will be fine. (of course, you are there and see it and feel it so if it seems unsafe don't take my word for it at all)

Are you planning to leave it up all year or take it down at the end of summer? If taking it down in two months anyway I'd be tempted to leave it alone the remainder of this season -- I would guess it will be fine. (of course, you are there and see it and feel it so if it seems unsafe don't take my word for it at all)

Thanks crek31 -- I am planning on leaving it up all season (very mild winters at this elevation). I figured out a way to lift the restrainer straps and place foam on the corner of the offending blocks but I would really like to lift the feet enough to fix the footings correctly without draining the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.