Strange Question

Jul 2, 2016
Greer SC
We need help. We are putting in a vinyl pool. It is complete and running and clear, well was clear. We poured about 1/2 the concrete around the coping yesterday evening then had a wonderful freak SC rain storm last night. Needless to say the concrete is very pitted, which we are not worried about, but the pool is very cloudy and a lot of concrete and dirt accumulated in the deep end. I threw a bunch of shock in( I hope that was ok) and vacuumed on drain to pull out the big areas from the bottom. But there is still a nice thin layer over the whole bottom. What should I do now? And will the water be safe to swim since there is Lyme in concrete mix?? Will the filter catch that? Should we drain? ? Very stressed. Thank you!!

I would vacuum to filter and keep the filter clean till I finished.

Please describe the "shock" you used.

Got one of our recommended test kits yet so we can speak the same language?

The concrete will not contaminate the pool. Many pools are made of concrete and plaster contains pretty much the same ingredients as concrete as does mortar and grout. All of which are used through out many pools.

Some of that Clorox blue stuff has copper in it which will accumulate and stain hair, fingernails, dogs, kids, water and plaster/vinyl.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.