North DFW 4th of July weekend start

carpenterss

Silver Supporter
I've been lurking here ever since we decided to build a pool and trying to learn as much as I can. Was on the way to work this morning when I got a call saying the dig was happening today in like 20-30 minutes. LOL - uhm ok. See you there! Anyway, the crew was great and those guys friggen work hard. And they went on to go do another dig after ours. Ouch.

So, I do have a couple of questions. Our pool will be 34 feet long go from 3'6" to 6'6". I'm guessing they probably dug seven or eight at the deep end. After the crew left I noticed the soil in they deep end turning a darker color and when I checked half an our later, a puddle had begun to form. An hour or two later it was several inches deep. I would like to know if this is normal or something I should be concerned about? We have a lot of clay in our soil and they will be doing soil injections next week to stabilize it somewhat.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :) That's going to be a nice pool.

Don't worry. Water seeping in is very common. Thirty minute's notice is a bit uncommon, lol. I got 12 hour's notice, haha :)

Congrats on your new pool. I am in North Texas as well (Flower Mound). What builder did you go with? Which ones did you rule out? Any info appreciated. I have 6 bids, have definitely ruled out 1 builder and am waiting on 2 more bids.

We decided to go with Joy pools. They have done quite a bit of work in our neighborhood and we felt pretty comfortable with them.

Sorry about your tree. that storm dumped some rain pretty fast. I live in Frisco and we got just over 1" at our house in about 1 1/2 hrs Sunday morning. This morning/last night we didn't get anything at our home.

I hope you saved the tree! A bit of TLC and some wire to the fence ought to do it. Glad the rain didn't hit the dig too hard and I'm sure your builder knows how to keep everything on track.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been lurking here ever since we decided to build a pool and trying to learn as much as I can. Was on the way to work this morning when I got a call saying the dig was happening today in like 20-30 minutes. LOL - uhm ok. See you there! Anyway, the crew was great an

Did any contractors get out to your house yet? I got chemical injections, but the Steel guys are still lagging behind. I am hoping they can come tomorrow.

Did any contractors get out to your house yet? I got chemical injections, but the Steel guys are still lagging behind. I am hoping they can come tomorrow.

Yes, finally had some one out today to do the soil injections. Sounds like we are on a similar schedule. Supposedly steel and plumbing next. The equipment arrived Tuesday.
who is your PB?

Bummer on the waiting. Doesn't it feel so much bigger after the dig? I definitely wish we would have gone bigger, but I still love our pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I really thought they would have marked it at least a day ahead or so. That way we could kind of judge the size a little better. But we had about five minutes between the marking and when the excavator tore into it! Those guys don't fool around. Plus the tanning ledge eats up alot of space inside the pool. I wish we had gone bigger, but oh well. The one thing we did do right was get as much deck as we could afford. And the tanning ledge is gonna be great for the little ones.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.