27,000 gallon inground 16x41x32 Vynal saltwater. That's how I found this place!

Jul 1, 2016
Corryton Tn.
OK! We moved to Tn. Last Nov. Nice house, AWSOME, back. We couldn't wait to get it ucovered.
Pulled the cover, thing was lil worse than I thought, but the other people were rarely here. Not my 1st pool, had beautiful Kayak, 2 other nice above grounds. Loved the chemistry, watching the kids, sparking water, OH wait those were those nasty CHLORINE!! I have never had so mush trouble with a pool in my life! We shocked, skimmed vacumed, backwashed, till that bad boy was sparkling, THEN added our 17 bags of salt, flipped the switch, bubbles in the SWC, good to go. That all lasted a month. So I KNOW, the cell has a life, and it is about 6ish, just first yr. here, had other stuff on our plate. Did homework, took it apart, cleaned, box lit up, LOW SALT??!! We just took a sample in to the pool place, got pool house (LAB)
salt water strips, (don't trust LED lites) Ph, alkalinity, Cy, ah you guys get it, but biggest pool I ever had, and hey!! It's SALT WATER!!, Got 21+ yr. old granddaughter here now from out of state, she loved the pics of that Blue water we sent, kids coming from Wv Oh Chi town, to swim in a teal cloudy pool.
Started with heavy rain, no salt no chlorine. Put in more salt, then the 90deg hit, and so did algie.
Back to VAC, SHOCK, shut cell down, rebalance, we are making Chlorine!! Took sample form jet in pool, then deep end. A whopping.05!! So that's me, I'm either taking it of, getting floater, realistically Chlorinaor.

Hydra 16x41x32 in ground Vynal with Hayward filter 90 GPM, 28,000 gal. heated saltwater pool. Our last readings..free chorine 2.5 ppm Bromine 3.2 ppm PH 7.3
Alklinity 92 ppm calcium hardness 250 ppm TDS 2000 ppm CY 95ppm. I made my first post on this site yesterday, think I was just a little excited I found it, so if anyone took it as rambling, no actual questions, I apologize. I must say, there are really some pro's on here, and I'm hoping to learn a lot from you all. So as last post stated, love the pool, not the salt system so much, it is old, I did have it going but now limping along.
My question, I'm in Tn. The temp has been running high 90's and it seems that's when
this algie bloom started. I have got it crystal clear, 3 times, only to have it return.
Yesterday, did Day 2 super shock, after most of it went away, we noticed inside and outside of skimmer returns were loaded with it, used toothbrush, had dark green long pieces we scooped out. So if I missed that lil bit, can this cause another full bloom?
Sorry so long, lots of company coming in to see our new house and pool.
its cloudy, but I feel like I failed them. Thanks. T.Angus in Tn.
BTW, readings were before SHOCK. THX.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.