How to remove and clean a hayward t-cell-15

Have you removed the cell yet? To remove it you need to have the pool turned off and just unscrew the two unions on the cell housing.

If it doesn't have any scale on it, don't clean it. Usually if there is just a bit of scaling then it is best to use a wooden object such as chop sticks to remove the scale. Every time that a cell is acid washed you will reduce its lifespan as the acid wears off the coatings on the cell plates. If you do have to use acid, use a ratio of 4 parts water to 1 part acid.

In almost six years of using a SWG I have only acid washed the cells a couple of times and that was when the cells were actually dying.

Have you removed the cell yet? To remove it you need to have the pool turned off and just unscrew the two unions on the cell housing.

If it doesn't have any scale on it, don't clean it. Usually if there is just a bit of scaling then it is best to use a wooden object such as chop sticks to remove the scale. Every time that a cell is acid washed you will reduce its lifespan as the acid wears off the coatings on the cell plates. If you do have to use acid, use a ratio of 4 parts water to 1 part acid.

In almost six years of using a SWG I have only acid washed the cells a couple of times and that was when the cells were actually dying.

I havent removed the cell yet. The 'check salt' and 'inspect cell' lights are flashing. Its showing salt level of 2700. This is a 15000 gallon pool. I just added a 40 lb bag of salt. Waiting to see if that helps. I thought of cleaning the cell because it says on the cell, theres a sticker, inspect and clean every 3 months. This is a new cell installed 6 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The salt at 2700 will give a check salt warning. Raising the salt to above 2700 should solve that. The check cell flashing light is just a timer that flashes a reminder. Clear by pressing the diagnostic button for about 5 seconds.

After two 40 pound bags of salt, the reading still shows 2700 and the check salt light is flashing red. I was able to make the inspect cell light go away by press and hold diagnostic button. Whats the best next step ? Should i add more salt ? I dont have an alternate method to measure salt, its 98 degrees in austin

Another question , the unit inside my bedroom used to display the salt level earlier, its no longer doing that. Maybe something changed after the installation of new cell and salt system circuit board. How do i make it display that metric again

My controller matches with the first link you sent. Hayward aqua rite. I followed the steps to recalibrate the level, it failed after step two. Pressing the diagnostics button 5 times did not cause the expected number countdown. I tried it several times and no joy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What numbers display when you press the button, record all of them for us to see. My best guess is you caught the SWG during an OFF period and it doesn't show a value for instant salt reading when it is not generating.

Here are the numbers . It shows 2700 . I move switch to off position. Then move it back to auto with filter pump running. Then i press the diagnostics button 5 times.
97P

What is the software revision number? It should be in the diagnostic readings.

Are you sure that the cell is a t-15?

You definitely need to get a good salt test kit.

Is your water temperature really 90 f? If it is, keep the salt at 2800 to 3000. How warm will the water get?

Do you have a working main drain? If not, you might have salt sitting on the bottom of the pool. Try brushing the pool completely including the wall and entire floor.

This salt cell has been replaced 6 months ago. I had added 80 lbs of salt just last week. I will add another 40 pound bag and see

If you need to remove it you can find tutorials on YouTube . I just cleaned mine following the tutorials , although for me the acid didn't do much but then I soaked it in 5% white vinegar (somebody on YouTube recommended it ) and it cleaned the cell perfectly. I did a thorough rinse , installed it and finally inspect cell light is off and generating light is on .Good luck !

I added more salt and now the check salt light has gone and generating light is on. Yes, i have confirmed that it is a t15 cell. And the pool temp is 90, its austin texas peak summer. I can check for the software version, is it something that looks like r 1.56? I purchased the t100 test kit already after reading on this site. Are you saying i need a different one if i have a salt pool ?

... The 'check salt' and 'inspect cell' lights are flashing. Its showing salt level of 2700. ...This is a new cell installed 6 months ago.

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Aquarite controllers will flash the "Inspect Cell" every 500 hrs of operation as a reminder to inspect the cell. To clear the message you press the diag button for three seconds to reset the reminder timer. So you will see that indicator again.

[/FONT]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.