question about TF-100 Test Kit

paull

Jun 27, 2016
uxbridge, ma.
Hello........

I think I have an easy question to ask (but, obviously still too complicated for me :) ....... I just received my TF-100 Test Kit and was reading the material.
Under "Weekly Tests (or as needed)", it says in step 2 of the Chlorine Drop Test to "add one heaping scoop of the R-0870 powder" ...... then says the exact amount is not important. The container of R-0870 powder is 10 grams ....... can someone how they measure out a proper amount for a test??
Thanks so much,
Paul L.

Paul, Here ya go. Hold the blue spoon by the flat end. Dip it into the power with out dumping or leveling any of the powder out. The powder should be slightly rounded on the top.

If you KNOW you have FC in the water and it turns pink you added enough. IF it does not turn pink then add some more powder.

How are the other tests going?

Kim:cat:

Hi Kim.......

Thank you......the kit doesn't say anything about that scoop.....I didn't even see it until you mentioned it and I went looking for it.
I haven't performed any tests with the kit yet......I had just opened it and was reading the material.........I feel like a little kid with his first chemistry set......I can't wait to start testing :)

Thanks again
Paul

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.