cya 30

4:45 test results:

FC .5
cc .5
ph 7.4
TA 100
ch 125
cya 30

I checked overnight loss last two nights and it has been 0. How should I proceed to keep my FC levels around 4 and not get to 0 before the end of the day? Full sun, 105 temps, swimmer load (6 kids, averaging 4-6 hours a day).

As long as you are algae-free, which it sounds like you are because you passed the OCLT and have less than 0.5 CC (clear water too right?), then increase your CYA. It must be hot there in V-ville, so I would increase CYA to at least 50. But make sure to increase your FC along with it - target FC of 6 and NEVER below 4. Your FC should hold much better.

Hope that helps.

The water gets a bit cloudy by the end of the day but is clear in the morning. I have a venturi style vac which doesn't get the fine dirt just stirs it into the water. The pump isn't greatest either but working on getting an upgrade. I will bump up my cya and fc as suggested and let you know how it turns out. Thanks!

I added CYA to bump it to 40 on 7/1, finally got test to read 40 on 7/3. Seemed to keep the FC loss to 2-3 a day. Yesterday kids said pool felt slimy on bottom. I decided to bump FC to 8 from 6. There isn't any cloudiness today. I did OCLT test last night. No loss of FC. So, no cc doesn't mean no algae. Is there anything else I need to look at again?

Last night tested chlorine 1 HR after adding 14 oz 8.25% chlorine to bump from 6 to 8, results:

FC 8
CC .5

This morning:

FC 8
CC 0
PH 7.4
ph 7.4
TA 100
ch 125

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.