cement decking

Jun 20, 2016
Venice, FL
Hi all,

Deciding between two quotes and have a general question regarding the concrete decking -- we are on a small budget, so unfortunately, no pretty pavers.

We have an existing cement patio off the back of the house, which will be covered with flocrete so it will match the new deck around the pool, and look like one continuous surface from the house to the pool.

We also have a cement sidewalk that runs about two feet off the house (there is dirt between house and sidewalk, no grass or plants) around the entire house. One PB is going to demo and haul away the sidewalk, than pour fresh concrete. The other said they would just pour concrete over the sidewalk.

Are there any pros/cons?

Ya know, there are worse things in the world than cement decking ;) We went with cement and got *plenty* of it (important to do!) so no way would we have been able to afford anything fancier. Just get as much as you can, no one ever complained about having too much cement around the pool.

Have you inquired about them staining or stamping it? That can be *very* attractive yet it is still less cost than pavers.

Thanks for the comment. I am fine with it, but after reading these boards there are a lot of people who have way bigger budgets and just wanted to staunch the "why don't you get pavers instead" replies. I was just wondering if there were any issues if they pored over existing concrete. The sidewalk is in excellent condition, no cracks that I can see.

I actually have a cement stained floor in my office and I love it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.