Lowering temperature/ Aeration

Hello,

Day three of pool ownership! This is more involved than I imagined! Doing ok with chemicals. My issue is our water has gone from about 78 to 85 degrees in three days. What can I expect in DFW area? I would like to get it back to around 80 if possible. Is aeration the answer? We have 2 sheer descents. Should I try running them at night or try to attach an aerator? How do you attach an aerator? I'm concerned about the energy use to run the descents all night.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!

Sure you could run the descents at night or try to hook up an aerator. Remember it will drive the pH up too.

It really should not require much involvement.
What are you testing your water with?
How are you chlorinating?

If your pool is more shallow, such as a sports pool, folks say they get swampy warm feeling in the hottest part of summer. Running a fountain overnight can help a lot.

Skippy made one for us and it lowered the temp 5 degrees in a day. Take a look at Skippy's fountain- link in siggy line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.