MUSKOGEE, Ok
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
My husband and i have been racking our brains trying to figure out how to adapt to use 1 1/4 vacuum hose. I tried ordering the intex deluxe kit but its now on back order and i really dont want to spent $40 on a junky hose.

16x48 intex ultra with intex sand filter 2800

start with this Adaptor For 58959 - Intex - probably can get it on Amazon too

I have a 1 1/4 vacuum hose that has a swivel at one end and that is the end I can wedge into this part. otherwise you might need to play around with some other adapters. (like the end of a filter hose or some gorilla tape or whatever...we call it "ranch rigging" around here LOL) I am pretty sure an 1 1/2 vacuum hose will fit on the outside.

if the pool has a lot of trash like leaves on the bottom you will have to remove that blue part fairly often and scrape/catch the stuff off the intex screen. it is a pain and one more reason so many modify and add a through-the-wall skimmer to these pools.

another option is to get the intex clamp-on skimmer Amazon.com : Intex Deluxe Wall Mount Surface Skimmer : Swimming Pool Maintenance Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden (it will come with that blue part) and also find the vacuum plate for it. I never tried the vaccum plate but read some say it doesn't work very good.

finally, there is the intex robot if your pump is big enough Amazon.com : Intex Above Ground Swimming Pool Automatic Vacuum Cleaner 28001E : Patio, Lawn Garden though you might want to keep an eye on that, prices were half that a few months ago and likely will drop after summer demand is over. sheesh! I paid 55 or 60!

finally (version 2) if your hose is long enough and you have a ton of junk to get out you can rig it up to siphon over the side with some string, that keeps it out of your filter but will use a bit of water.

I have the deluxe over the wall skimmer (the larger one), and I ordered a vacuum plate. We have been impressed with the ease to hook it up, and the fact that it goes through the skimmer means that the skimmer catches the larger material, making it a whole lot easier on the pump skimmer.

But we have a pump, and filter that was made for a permanent AG pool, not an INTEX one.

Thank you. I've checked into all these possibilities prior to posting. I'm needing to vacuum now and cannot wait for online. So here is what we came up with in mean time. I have to remove strainer intake and insert this instead. Im having an issue getting all the air out of my vacuum hose no matter what i try though
7ca92408e68733cd96a32a4afbc2ff29.jpg

I'm getting suction to vacuum but the strainer basket is only half full of water and i feel its getting too much air. We did not glue any of the pieces. Maybe that's the problem. Also the 3/4 in pipes is slightly small...any ideas?

I'm getting suction to vacuum but the strainer basket is only half full of water and i feel its getting too much air. We did not glue any of the pieces. Maybe that's the problem. Also the 3/4 in pipes is slightly small...any ideas?

I really feel is the hose though because with just the fitting in i get plenty of suction no air.

Mine tends to do that sometimes, even with me putting the vacuum hose up to the return, amd carrying it to the inlet that I hook it to under water. (I took the end off of my over the side skimmer and duct taped it to the vacuum hose because it was too difficult to hook directly to the pump.) for me, it seems to be partly because of the second inlet, even though I put the plug in it. I'm still trying to work on a viable alternative. Thinking of closing the plunger valve, then plugging the second hole, hooking up the vacuum hose, reopening the valve and turning on the pump.

I still vacuum with the air in the basket as long as it isn't too low. I'm looking at a shoo a vacuum, a I don't like how the screen on the inlet (with the outer cover off) clogs up with any little amount of debris.

Since I only have the 12x30 pool, an in wall skimmer is not viable for me. I do have the over the wall skimmer, which comes with the blue plate. What I made work was go get a pool hose connector from Ace, like this: Ace Pool Hose Connector 9 in L x 1 1 4 in W | eBay Disconnect the clear hose from the skimmer, use the adapter to connect the hose (still connected to the blue plate) to the vacuum hose, and I had to cut part of the adapter off because it wouldn't fit into the blue adapter all the way due to the inlet (using the large 1.5 inch inlet and return pieces. (next year, going to get someone to cut the face off of that inlet because it catches too much stuff.

Before I got my over the wall skimmer, I would disconnect the inlet hose from the value, place it over the wall, and use the adapter to connect to the vacuum hose.

I'm still thinking to go to Lowes with that blue adapter and see if I can find something to fit right over it. The two vacuum hoses I have, the white end piece would not fit over the blue adapter. (I have the older pool with only 1 inlet and 1 return Im using this year). Last year I used the newer pool (2 inlets)and it was easy to remove the inlet cover and shove that white adapter right into the hole.

Mine tends to do that sometimes, even with me putting the vacuum hose up to the return, amd carrying it to the inlet that I hook it to under water. (I took the end off of my over the side skimmer and duct taped it to the vacuum hose because it was too difficult to hook directly to the pump.) for me, it seems to be partly because of the second inlet, even though I put the plug in it. I'm still trying to work on a viable alternative. Thinking of closing the plunger valve, then plugging the second hole, hooking up the vacuum hose, reopening the valve and turning on the pump.

I still vacuum with the air in the basket as long as it isn't too low. I'm looking at a shoo a vacuum, a I don't like how the screen on the inlet (with the outer cover off) clogs up with any little amount of debris.
I was wondering about 2nd intake as well. I havent tried to plug. Do you have a have filter?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'd love to get a skimmer, but two things are stopping me. Losing an inch or two of water height, and the husband doesn't want me to cut the liner. I have and extra, larger plunger valve that came with the new filter when I had my 18' with the larger inlet, but I'm pretty sure I'd have to make the opening larger. It would make vacuuming better as there should be more flow. I would plug the other, smaller inlet. One of these days I will take a good look to see if it's possible.

I'd love to get a skimmer, but two things are stopping me. Losing an inch or two of water height, and the husband doesn't want me to cut the liner. I have and extra, larger plunger valve that came with the new filter when I had my 18' with the larger inlet, but I'm pretty sure I'd have to make the opening larger. It would make vacuuming better as there should be more flow. I would plug the other, smaller inlet. One of these days I will take a good look to see if it's possible.

That is the reason I stayed with an over the wall skimmer (I can maintain a higher water level in the pool).

I made a plug for my inlet/outlet ports using a piece of the foam board you get at Lowes (the thick stuff 2") ... I cut a square that was a bit bigger than what I would need, and took off the strainer from inside the pool. I then pressed the foam piece against the fitting to give me a mark to follow. I used a SHARP knife to cut the foam on a little of an outward angle following the mark left from the pool fitting. I still need to put a bolt with a wide washer on each side through the middle to ease the removal of the plug when it is inserted in the port.

I will take some pictures of what I am talking about, and post them for you later today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.