cartridge filter failure

May 11, 2009
I'm trying to help troubleshoot my folks hayward cartridge filter issue where their filter failed this morning by spliting at a seem near the top. They had high pressure problems just prior, with their pressure reading 25 to 30 psi and their pump recently making more noise then usual. I dont know if it is related or not, but their in-ground cleaning system seemed to have very little pressure to where the pop up heads where not rotating. Any ideas on what would cause their filter body to fail?

Most filters are rated for 50 psi, and should be totally fine at 30 psi.

I would guess that it was either defective or became damaged at some earlier point and then failed later. But that is just guessing without lots more information.

From your description it sounds like there was some kind of blockage in the system that was causing the filter pressure to get higher than it usually does. Unfortunately, there are many things that could do that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.