New Taylor K 2006/CYA test

morojo

Apr 5, 2008
Got a Taylor K2006 test kit. Having trouble with CYA test. Pool store says cya level is good but the taylor test doesn't seem to read any, water won't go cloudy at all. What might be the trouble?? Other test results follow

fc - 3.5
cc - 0
TA - 90
ph - 7.5
calcium - 250

While not always 100%, we almost always trust our own results rather than the pool store. They (pool store) can be wildly innaccurate......not infrequently on CYA. My bet is you have none in your pool.

morojo said:
Yeah well I recently added about 1/2kg of stabilizer to a 58000 litre pool so I would think there should be some or can it dissappear??

When did you add it?

How did you add it?

Was it liquid or granular? Granular can take up to a week to dissolve and fully register on tests and if my conversion/math is correct, 1/2 kg for your size pool is not very much at all, and likely won't register in a Taylor test tube, because the measures start at 30ppm.

Please take a moment to add your pool equipment/specs to your signature. Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature.

morojo said:
Added 5 days ago, granular in a nylon stocking put in the skimmer. All dissolved on Sunday.

Well, with a cart it's unlikely you backwashed....my assumption is that you didn't add enough for your pool size, to register on the Taylor view tube. Was your target 30ppm? I would go ahead and add another dose targeting another 20ppm and see where you end up in a week. 48 hours after it's dissolved you can increase your FC levels accordingly, right now I'd assume you have at least 20, and use the chart for the appropriate FC levels.

Yeah well I recently added about 1/2kg of stabilizer to a 58000 litre pool so I would think there should be some or can it dissappear??
My redneck math may be completely screwed up here but near as I can cipher, 1/2kg of CYA in a 58000l pool would result in a CYA of 10....(undetectable)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.