Slightly cloudy, June bug..

Unfortunately the June bugs had little to do with it, your FC is entirely to low for your CYA of 90. CYA/FC chart doesn't go to 90 for a SWG pool, but I would have FC at a minimum of 5 or 6 and target 7 or 8 with that CYA.

Time to SLAM with the CC over 0.5, since its early hopefully it will be quick. Your slam target is 35, sorry. :(

Depending on where Kingfisher is CYA of 80 might be better going forward.

Please update your location to include your State so it shows up over there <-----.

Your elevated CC will actually be much more irritating than high FC. CC is what is responsible for that chlorine smell and red eyes. Like pooldv said, 80 ppm CYA might be apropos if you are in a warm climate with lots of sun. Update your state/area please.

Otherwise it is safe to swim up to Slam levels, 35 ppm FC at 90 CYA. Raising FC and removing the cover if you have one on may quickly drop CC in addition to a partial replacement.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
CYA gives that feeling the most. The nice thing is that you can test it then pour the mixture back into the mixing tube and repeat it as many times as you like. I even store mine overnight and repeat it the next day with the same mixture. My results usually start to align and raise my confidence.

In general, hold the graduated vial with only two fingers at the top, at waist level, with sun at your back but with strong sunlight. Basically, you are trying to maximize the amount of sunning hitting the mixture without the direct sun blinding it out. As the sun hits the CYA reagent in the water, it clouds the dot. I find it easier to pour a little in, look around then glance back at the dot. Then add a little more, look around and glance back repeating until its gone. This helps rest my eyes between and keeps the dot from reappearing.

Ok, definitely want CYA at 80. Pour the mixture back and forth 4 or 5 or more times and check repeatedly until you feel good about the number and then round up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.