Newbie needs advice

You've got it. 4ppm in the Texas heat is about right. You are also right that you will like a CYA closer to 50 when you are done with the SLAM. I would normally recommend waiting until the vacation and just use a puck floater to raise CYA, but if you have a house sitter that's even better. Just get it to 50 before then so you'll have a general idea of the consumption rate to leave instructions for the house sitter.

I bet you pass the OCLT very soon.

Update, I was able to raise my CYA up to 50 after passing the OCLT Tuesday night. I am still steadily losing 3 to 4 ppm of FC during the day but I can't complain since my pool is in direct Texas sun all day long. I wanted to thank everyone for walking me through this process. Everyone that sees my pool can't believe how clear it is from only using bleach and household products. I look forward to learning a lot more from everyone on this forum.

Cheers,
Derek

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.