TF100 Newbie and Test Results

Congrats! That pool looks great!

You need a TFP Supporter badge! Check it out
CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

smooth LOL.

Hey, whatcha gonna do? We're all volunteers here and darn but websites ain't free and the gerbils in the wheel must be fed! :geek:

Smooth is right....LOL

That was a pretty subtle hint if I do say so myself...HAHA!!!!

By all means I'll become a supporter, I'll make good on that here in a few minutes.

Numbers for this evening:

Test results from this evening.

pH - 7.5
FC - 4
CYA - 40 (it was closer to 40 than 35 on the markings)
CC - 0
TC - 4
TA - 110
CH - 125

I didn't retest TA but I did test CH for the heck of it. I just added the 28 oz. of CYA last night and it was all dissolved before I went to bed last night. I would assume that the CYA test might be more accurate tomorrow morning or evening versus this evening?

Looks like I lost about 1ppm of chlorine today, wasn't sunny all day or hot. It was at 5ppm this morning when I checked it. Going to add 47 oz bleach (according to poolcalc) and get my chlorine up to around 7ppm so I have a little buffer.

That is true!!!

Our area pool store owner has been a personal friend of my family for over 30 years and we have not once bought anything from his store nor will we ever. That might be harsh but it's best to keep business and personal life separate IMO. He knew we were putting in a pool ourselves but hasn't asked if I was going to buy anything from him and I bought the pool online.

Can't believe this silly weather....74 and raining off an on today. I've only been in the pool once this week and last week when I installed the pool it was 98 degrees with a heat index of 107 degrees. 3 day weekend and it looks like no pool time because of weather. Would of been nice to have the weeks flopped...LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like tomorrow I'll be in the pool for most of the afternoon before the rain gets here!!! :whoot::paddle:

Checked my numbers tonight.

pH - 7.5
FC - 6 ppm (lost 1 ppm over a 24 hour period, rained off and on today and not much sun)
TC - 6
CC - 0
CYA - 40 (was right at 40 unlike it was 24 hours ago when it was between 30 and 40)

Didn't check anything else as I figured it was just a waste of my kit at this time.

Not sure how much rain we had last night and early this morning but I had to drain about 2" off to get it back to the middle of the skimmer. Wonder how off my numbers will be from all that rain.

Here's my test results from today after we had just over 2" of rain. I can still see the bottom of the ladder from our back porch which is about 30 yards away.

pH - 7.6
FC - 6
TA - 110
CC - 0
CYA - 40

Currently all I've been having to add to my pool is bleach. I put 18 oz. in every night to keep my chlorine at my target of 7. Been consistently loosing around .5 - 1 ppm over a 24 hour period every day this week, granted it's not been super hot and sunny. So once it goes back to that I should lose about 2 daily.

Asked my co-worker if he had to drain off much water in his pool after all the rain we had yesterday. He said just a little bit and put a bag of shock in it and didn't even test the water!!! He cracks me up!!!

Asked my co-worker if he had to drain off much water in his pool after all the rain we had yesterday. He said just a little bit and put a bag of shock in it and didn't even test the water!!! He cracks me up!!!

I think we all have friends/family that are pool stored $$$$. Sounds like you and your pool are on cruise control... you are doing great! It is easy to become a pool snob after learning how to keep the water clean. I don't swim in public pools or hot tubs. My friends think I'm crazy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.