Disappearing Water Trick

morojo

Apr 5, 2008
Where does my water go, Afica or Mexico?? Pool is IG steel wall, vinyl lined 2 years old. About 60,000 litres, 16' x 32' straight back kidney about 5' deep. One skimmer, main drain, side suction and two returns. Cartridge filter and salt. I have full sun on my pool from 10:00am until 8:30 pm. Pump runs about 8-10 hours per day. I'm losing about a 3/16 inch of water per 24 hours and wondering if my pool leaks or if this is a fairly normal evaporation rate. Not sure if PB is being straight up with us or not. Have yet to test if water loss is only when pump is running but much rain in the forecast so can't test this for a few days. Pool temp goes from about a high of 78 to lows of 71 overnight, solar cover on when not swimming but for small spot at the stairs. Any thoughts out there about evaporation or should I start trying to find leak possibilities. Liner does not seem to have any holes or tears.

Thanx

Yes.

1. Accurately mark your pool level

2. Place a bucket of water on the steps of the pool and accurately mark it's level.

3. If there is no leak, they should both drop by virtually the same amount each day.

4. If the pool level drops faster than the bucket level, you are losing water.

That's not much loss so it will be a tough leak to find if it's there.

Thank You very much. Did this last year without much success for some reason or another. Bucket floats or doesn't seem to be affected the same way by the sun etc. but will try again after the rain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.