Pool Help!!

Jun 22, 2015
New Jersey
So my pool was cloudy yesterday so I shocked the pool with the recommended amount of bleach. When I saw the pool this morning the water was nice and clear. I came home from work today and the water was still clear but I saw some green on the pool floor which means I still have algae. I tested the water again tonight and my results were:

FC - 5.8 (dropped from 28)
CC - 1.8
PH - 7.6
CH - 300
TA - 150
CYA - 80 (thought it was in the 70 range until someone taught me how to properly do the test)

My problem is I will be gone for the weekend and won't be back till Monday. I'm not sure how to approach this. I know it's time for my filter to be back washed and that will be first thing I'll do tomorrow before I leave for the weekend but I'm not sure if I should slam before I leave or use an algecide and keep the floaties in the water till I come back to deal with the problem. I know I should first get my CYA down before I do anything but will not have the time tomorrow to drain and fill. Any advice on how to approach this would be most appreciated. FYI pool was green when I opened and my pool store recommended that I shock till the water cleared. I shocked 3x with chlorine granules which got my water clear but also jacked up my CYA. This was all before I got the proper info on CYA. I desperately need help from the pool veterans.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.