Gold Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
El Paso, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am new here, and although we have had a pool for 10 years we always went by what the store would tell us, which in return has cost us a fortune.

Anyhow, I read that the best way to add chlorine is by liquid chlorine, household bleach or a SWG system. I have never done any of those, we have always relied on trichlor tablets, cal hypo, and granular chlorine.

Of course the day before I found this forum I bought 42lbs of trichlor tablets, and 12lbs of cal-hypo 65% are these frowned upon? Should I try to sell them, and just use liquid?

I have read as much as I can find, although it can be difficult to go through all search threads, i really appreciate the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could try to return them or get store credit. Some stores are finicky about that. But as long as they are sealed and stored well they will still last a good long time. You can use the tabs on those occasions when you are out of town or simply need to raise CYA a bit. The Cal-Hypo will come-in handy at times as well for FC increase as long as your CH isn't too high. So you do have options. For typical daily use though, yes ... regular bleach (HEB "Bravo" or Wal-Mart "Great Value") will work great.

You could try to return them or get store credit. Some stores are finicky about that. But as long as they are sealed and stored well they will still last a good long time. You can use the tabs on those occasions when you are out of town or simply need to raise CYA a bit. The Cal-Hypo will come-in handy at times as well for FC increase as long as your CH isn't too high. So you do have options. For typical daily use though, yes ... regular bleach (HEB "Bravo" or Wal-Mart "Great Value") will work great.

Awesome, thanks for your prompt reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.