previous owners took the pump and filter

Aug 30, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
We are looking at buying a house that is a repo. The previous owners took the pool pump, filter, and heater. The pool in an inground with a spill over hot tub. I'm not sure of the size, but it's a decent size, maybe somewhere around 16X 34 (just a guess).

What do I need to look for in order to get a ball park on the pump, filter, and heater. Since I would want to go saltwater, what do I need to look for there?

TIA

If you could get some more specifics, it would help. Plumbing size, number of jets (pool/spa). What type of filter preference you have. Heater to be gas or heat pump. A 2spd, variable speed, or variable flow pump would be the best. I have a 2hp-2spd and run it on low most of the time. If I was doing it again I would go for a variable flow. My pump is a little much for the spa, jets blow you off the seat. Its funny the first time and not so funny after that.

DaveNJ said:
My pump is a little much for the spa, jets blow you off the seat. Its funny the first time and not so funny after that.

:shock: That could be painful, depending where you sit. :shock:

We had the same thing a repo'd house with no equipment.

I called two pool builders and my brother in law knew a licensed pool guy he had call me. I got esimates from the three of them. They all had the same suggestion for equipment sizes and types, prices were all over the place. I based our choices on what I had read on line and their suggestions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.