Suggestions needed for Mastic replacement!

Jun 30, 2016
Spring, Texas
So, last week i noticed the Mastic starting to come up in a spot around the pool. I plan to replace this myself and have looked for suggestions on products. Most of the threads I've seen on here are old and was curious what everyone's thoughts are now. What is the best product to use?

Welcome to TFP. :party:

So I don't know where you are and there are plenty of different products around the country.

If we are talking about the expansion joint between the pool deck and the coping ( the stone immediately surrounding the pool) Generally its best to clean out the old material. Insert backer material (purchase at HD or Lowes) so the depth is about 1/2 inch and use a polyurethane caulk on top of that. If you don't like the color you can use colored sand on top for the finish. Sweep it over the joint and sweep away the excess.

It can be hard work so you might want to hire someone the first time, note what he uses and technique and do it yourself next time. Depending on where you live this usually lasts from 3 to 5 years but can last longer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.