Hello, New to Trouble Free Pool!!

Jun 26, 2016
Allen Texas
I live in Allen Texas, I just learned about trouble free pool. I just started using a TF-100 test kit! I do my best to take care of our pool. Buy my products from local family owned pool store, which can get expensive, especially in spring when trying to get rid of algae & balancing the chemicals.
Im interested in starting the BBB method. Do I have to do anything special to switch to BBB method, can I start immediately?

Looking forward to learning alot here!

Welcome to TFP :)

armed with a TF100 you are good to start now :)

Get bleach/liquid chlorine from walmart or HASA dealer if you have one near you.. use poolmath above to input your numbers from the TF100 tests.. If you want you can post them here so we can help the first time..

Keep reading and go through pool school and ask any questions you have :)

Welcome to TFP :)

armed with a TF100 you are good to start now :)

Get bleach/liquid chlorine from walmart or HASA dealer if you have one near you.. use poolmath above to input your numbers from the TF100 tests.. If you want you can post them here so we can help the first time..

Keep reading and go through pool school and ask any questions you have :)
Thank you!!!
Pool test is showing
ph-7.8
fc-1.5
cc-0
cya-20
alk-90
I do notice a little algae in the pool on tile going to skimmers.

Good post. So you already confirmed one thing, and your low FC supports it .. algae. At TFP we have "SLAM" instruction to show you how to remove algae (link below). Read that page and do everything listed and you'll do fine. A couple reminders:
- Lower pH to 7.2 first
- Add another 10 ppm worth of stabilizer to your water to make your CYA 30.
- Increase your FC to "12" using regular bleach (HEB-Bravo or Wal-Mart- Great Value is fine.

Focus on testing FC somewhat frequently to maintain that FC level until you pass the 3 SLAM criteria on the SLAM page. AFTER the SLAM, when you've passed all 3 items, consider raising your CYA to around 50 to protect your FC from the sun. The never let the FC drop below 5. Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Ch was 675, our local pool store said not to worry about that unless it's gets into the thousands. We do have some white build up around tile.
We'll worry about this later. Stay far away from the pol store. YOU'RE in charge now. :)

Once you start your SLAM, don't be shy about brushing. It may even cloud up your pool a bit but it is important to do that to kill all the algae.

The SLAM article is very complete but you must follow it to a T.

Thanks for the info, however yesterday I didn't mention that my pool water is very blue and clear. I dont see any signs of other algae besides black around the inside tiles to the skimmers and some on light fixtures and tile around steps, not a whole lot of it. I did the chlorine drop test just a few mins ago
, FC-1, CC-0. I added 24oz of stablizer yest in stocking, placed in skimmer basket, and it still hasnt dissolved all the way. With chlorine being low, do i need to wait on cya before i slam? And yes, i wont be shy about brushing!!:rolleyes: I purchased concentrated clorox at 8.25%, and it says on bottle available 7.85%, not sure what the other ingred. is. Eager is get started!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention that ph is down to 7.2 today, using the basic k-1000 in the TF-100 kit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support