No fc....help!!!!!!

Jun 30, 2016
MN
Good morning all, I have a 15x48" AG. I'm totally new to this pool thing. I'm still working on convincing the wife to use bleach to chlorinate the pool so in the mean time i filled and shocked on Sunday. FC levels dropped to a safe level and the kids swam Tuesday and Yesterday. Starting Wednesday morning my FC level was non existent. I have slow release tablets in the pool and keep adding 2 a day, Tuesday, Wednesday and Today. There have to be 8 in that pool at least right now and i can't get the FC levels up.

My question is 2 part. First off, why is there no FC in the pool? Did I do something wrong? Second, what do I do now? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all!!!

Well, there are a few things that make this tough to answer, most importantly how are you testing your water? TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C? That's #1 to know. How do we increase FC? ... with regular bleach. That's the best way. But FC will disappear extremely fast is you never added stabilizer (CYA) to protect it from the sun. Did you add stabilizer/conditioner?

Best thing to do for us now is post a full set of test results. Everything we advise here begins with those results from one of the recommended test kits above. From there we'd be happy to help you. Keep us posted and have a nice day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.