Online pool plans and engineering?

Jun 16, 2016
Gilroy, CA
I have come across some websites that offer city ready pool plans and engineering. They just need a drawing of your backyard with some measurements as well as a basic sketch and measurements of the pool you want. The cost is about $500-$600 for the plans and another $200 for the engineering. For another $200-$300 they claim to give you a list of subcontractors in your area and help guide you through the process. To list a few: Howtobuildyourownpool.com, Diypoolplans.com, Pooleng.com, Ownergrown.com. Anyone have experience with these companies before?

PoolEng.com (Pool Engineering Inc.) is responsible for providing engineering for probably 90% off the pools the southwestern U.S. and probably much further. Regardless of the designer you choose to do your plans, Pool Engineering will likely provide the structural details.

I'd be a little leery of a list of contractors from a company that isn't very familiar and involved with pools in your immediate area.

What are you looking to build? If the lot and intended pool don't require a site visit, I could whip something up.

My backyard is rather small so I was planning on a free form pool to utilize the space I have. Also would like a raised spa attached. I have a general idea of the pool shape, location of the spa, pool equipment, and slide. According to the pool plan sites I listed, if I accurately measure and draw my plot with the intended pool I wouldn't need a site visit. I'm assuming you've done pool plans before if you're offering to whip something up? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.