Leak in Vinyl lined pool

Hey everyone,

This year I had a really bad case of algae (original post here). After doing almost a one month SLAM I finally think I've found what's been making this so difficult.

I discovered a tear in the vinyl liner in the deep end of my pool where one of the ladder legs presses against the side of the pool. It isn't a big tear but water has definitely gotten behind the liner and massive amounts of algae seems to be growing back there because when I press around the tear, lots of green algae pours out of the hole.

I've already patched it (used the Boxer vinyl repair kit), but I am not sure how long it has been broken or how much water has gotten behind the liner. I have three questions.

1) Is it okay to just leave the patch on and not worry about the water that is behind the liner?
2) Is the patch hardy enough for me to put the ladder back on and let people start using it again?
3) Is there a way to estimate how much water has potentially gotten behind the liner?

great find :)

1. the water behind the liner should disapate but it will depend on what type of surface
2. You may have to do 2 or 3 more patches, each patch 1 or 2 inches bigger than the patch under it.
3. nope

at least you found the issue :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.