New guy- planning pool build

Jun 29, 2016
Syracuse, NY
I wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I have been lurking here for a few weeks and decided now was the time to get signed up.
I am in the early stages of planning for a new pool(first pool), but hope to break ground in August. I am clearing out a large amount of woods to expand my yard and make room for the new pool.
I have met with a pool builder and have narrowed down a few of my options. The pool dimensions are 36x20 composite wall- vinyl lined, and the shape is Mountain Lake($18500). It will be 8' deep with a diving board. My builder has suggested going with a System3 DE filter($600 upgrade), Jandy variable speed pump($995 upgrade), Nature Fusion salt system($1895 upgrade), and lights ($1395 upgrade). None of the above prices have been formally written down.
We are planning on having the pool put in this year and coming back in the spring to do all of the concrete/patio work to give it time to settle.
I look forward to all of the information that is avalable on this forum and the input from the pool veterans!

Pricey stuff. In my mind, DE is not an upgrade....just a standard filter. I hope you look around a little. I seldom comment on pricing but those jump out at me as being marketing ideas rather than solid stuff to help you manage your pool.

If you stay with this builder, you will have to take charge of the mopney and equipment.......he is doing you no favors.