Dolphin Deluxe 4 Robot Question

Zepol

Apr 21, 2009
Phoenix AZ
Hello....Over the weekend I just bought a Dolphin Deluxe 4 from Leslies Pool Store http://www.lesliespool.com/browse/H...-Deluxe-4/D/30100/P/1:100:2000:200020/I/84315 Since this thing operates seperate from the pool pump and filter does anyone have an idea of how long I should run my automatic pool pump timer at night? Does it have to run at all? Right now it's set at 4 hours a night because I used to hook up my old Kreepy Krauly to clean the pool at night for a lower electricity rate. While she's not giving me any grief about the purchase....I'd like try to justify the new Dolphin purchase with my wife with a lower electric bill and other ways if possible! :-D

Is this that dumb of a question that nobody wants to answer :shock: Ha ha. I do realize the pump and filter move the water around and know that is good for the water but the robot seems to do the same thing as I see what looks like a pretty powerful jet of water being spewed out of the top of this thing. Someone lemme know when you can please. Thanks!

It's not an easy answer. Depends on your chlorination method, debris load, heating/cooling needs and bather load among other things. I never run my pump at night, but you may need to. Trial and error is about the only way to figure out what your pool needs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.