Pump Motor Issue and Shock

onedah

Aug 23, 2013
Dallas, Texas
I have something going on as my Chlorine level in the pool and began to the shock process the Monday evening, the next morning the motor was not running and it appears switched its self off.

Ever since the pump motor has been switching it's self off after 10 / 15 mins of use so I have decided to order a replacement run capacitor and a new motor just in case.

My question is that should I be fighting algae growth by adding Chlorine and trying to move water around or just fight the algae once the pool is up and running, it feels like a loosing battle with no pump running and I don't want to keep wasting the bleach if it keeps getting eaten up, and not sure getting it to shock level without the motor is worth it?

any thoughts?

I received my new pump motor today and a capacitor - the capacitor was to big to fit my motor spacing so I decide to just replace the entire motor that comes with a capacitor.

It took about 90 mins to rip and replace and the system has been running for past 3 hours.

So far so good - time to slam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.