Earlier this spring, I tested my copper and excitedly believed the problem was solved.
I either made a mistake in my testing procedure, or the copper has just reappeared in my water.
It measures around .8, which is near the very top of my test kit's upper limit.
The yellow staining around the pool has gotten worse, and the sequestrant's don't seem to do any good.
Can a sequestrant actually make the copper show lower on a test?
The only thing that works is the ascorbic acid treatment, which is temporary and creates all sorts of other headaches, as I have to monitor low chlorine and PH levels while it circulates. Wouldn't hesitate to do this if I knew it would be a permanent fix. I'm sick of this vicious cycle.
My tap water supply tests fine at less than .1ppm..It's gotta be coming from my heater pipes, since the heat exchanger was replaced last year.
My calcium is still a little low at 200PPM..and my total alkalinity is a tad low at around 78.
Put yourself in my shoes (...er pool)..What would you do? I'm about to cement the entire **** pool.