2 Small algae spots

Mar 29, 2016
Chicago,IL
So today I pulled off the solar cover after being on since Sunday night and found 2 small algae spots on the bottom where the sun is shaded more of the day then the rest. My results are good and curious why this came about and if I should be concerned. I brushed after seeing this and put the pump on high and brought chlorine to 12 I also threw in my Aquavit to let him stir up the bottom I didn't. I'm gonna goblin later and brush again. Should I keep slam level all day/night? Is this just a wierd event that because they were in a "divot" in the liner that it hasn't been brushed. I looked under my wedding stairs and nothing there.
fc-4
cc-0
ph-7.5
ta-170
ch-125
borates-50
cya-28

Circulation is a major factor in the distribution of chlorine. Having a pocket or a divot where algae can hide disrupts that circulation.

Thanks for always posting your numbers. They look good and help us to eliminate any other factors when responding.

Circulation is a major factor in the distribution of chlorine. Having a pocket or a divot where algae can hide disrupts that circulation.

Thanks for always posting your numbers. They look good and help us to eliminate any other factors when responding.
These spots are on the other side of the return so I can definetly see circulation being not as good there. I have my return pointed down and away from my skimmer. It seems to create a good swirl in the pool and figured it to be best. Do you have any recommendations on changing that to help with this problem in the future?

Also I have my pump running on low 4rs in the morning and 4hrs at night. Should I possibly change this to an 8 hr. Cycle since low doesn't seem to circulate the water as well
i also had a few psi pressure drop on my pump and took out my cartridge and roamed it as it was FILTHY. And put it crack in Sunday. Just throwing as much info as I can out there. Would have a heart att know if my pool goes green now before my big holiday party!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.