Aquabot Optima RC

Jun 29, 2016
Parsippany, NJ
Hi folks! Long time reader, first time poster.

I had (still have?) an Aquabot Classic that gave up the ghost last night. There was a storm last night and I think we took a power surge. The socket on the transformer and the end of the power cord are completely melted together.

So, being that I live about 20 minutes from Aqua Products' HQ, I took it in to see what could be done.

They offered to tear it down and check the robot for damage but it was clear that at a minimum, I'd need a new cordset and transformer, and I knew I needed belts and a motor cage anyway.

So, instead of spending the money on that, they offered me an upgrade ...

Apparently, they build several 'house brand' models, each of which seem to be equivalent to one another. In this case, they had a model called the Aquabot Optima RC. This appears to be a re-shelled Aquabot Viva - instead of the bright yellow, it's grey and white. Very nice looking.

Anywho - seems to be the same thing as a Viva for $799 all in. Remote control, caddy and all. Brand new, not refurbished. I watched them pick it out of the warehouse.

I think this was a heck of a deal - not something you can get online or over the phone but ONLY in person at the factory service center.

So if you live in NJ, it never hurts to ask what deals they have going!! Very, very happy for $799. Seems like a great unit!

So, has anyone heard of the Optima RC?? Am I missing something?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.