Return line plug

Jun 1, 2016
Kingwood, TX
I purchased a Polaris 360 and I need to plug my return lines. It took me a few hours to be able to unscrew the threaded fitting to plug in the Polaris however I need to plug two more and it's a huge hassle. I am able to unscrew the outer eyeball fitting but unable to unscrew the threaded housing. Are there any outer fittings that I can use to plug the return versus the whole piece?

For example: this part has the thread built in - I just need the outer part.

Amazon.com : Threaded Pool Return Line Plug - IG Pools : Swimming Pool Maintenance Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden

What kind of pool do you have? Above ground? In ground? If we knew this info. we could help you better. I have a couple of ideas depending on your pool. Could you please fill out your Signature? Go to Settings-upper right side, edit signature-middle left side. Put in pool kind and size as well as what equipment you have.

Kim:cat:

You can often remove the fittings with a pair of needle nose pliers by spreading the tips to engage the notches inside them. There is a tool made that will remove them as well. It's a Hayward SP-1419T.

You may be able to save yourself a lot of trouble by just rotating the eyeballs until they are about 90 degrees from normal. They will block almost all of the flow. Way easier than plugging.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.