Cement Steps in Steel Wall Vinyl Liner pool

Jun 29, 2016
West Babylon
I'm looking to install cement corner steps in a steel wall pull, where I can put the liner over the steps. Currently I have fiberglass drop in steps that are a complete hassle.

I'm not 100% sure what type of concrete mix to use, and is there any special prep so moisture doesn't destroy the steps as years go on.
I'm also not 100% what dimensions would make the steps more user friendly. I don't have a huge pool, and not looking to crowd the shallow end with a big step. I'm attaching pictures that would be perfect for my application.

Attachments

• concrete steps.jpg
    concrete steps.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 78
Easy to do. 3000 psi concrete is just fine (that's just "ordinary" concrete.) The concrete will not stick to the steel walls so to keep the steel walls from "bulging", you will want to pin that concrete so it is anchored firmly to the steel.

You can get rids of old bricks or rocks or other forms of masonry so you don't have to use so much concrete.

Very doable with little drawbacks if you use some good common sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.