pump basket air - should there be any?

ChewBiscuit

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 25, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hello!

I was having trouble with priming my vacuum hose and was browsing around for possible causes, and one mentioned was a suction side air leak.

Question: When my pump is in normal operation (no vacuum attached), looking through the lid the basket is completely full except for a small air pocket at the top, between 1/3 and 1/2 the diameter of the lid. Does that indicate an air leak, or is that normal?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yeah, I did that. I just wanted to rule out the leak issue. That's a relief at least that the bubble at the top is fairly normal.

Um, I just realized my vac head is missing one of the little knob things, there's one on each side. Not sure what those are for, would that affect it? (sorry if this is a dumb question...)

You could try putting strong tape. like Gorilla tape, on top covering the four little holes.

- - - Updated - - -

The only purpose for those is to help relieve some of the vacuum. Not sure why you would want to do that, though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.