Floating liner..........help

Judge

Bronze Supporter
Sep 12, 2012
Hey everyone,

I just wanted some advice. My liner has floated causing wrinkles once a season for the past three years. I have corrected different things each year (24/7 dry well pump, ground water drainage, drainage into a field tile) thinking that I have solved the problem and it keeps happening. I have narrowed it down to my water feature. This past weekend I had my water feature running for around 7 hours and my liner started to float again. I checked my dry well when it happened and it was empty. The pool looked like it maybe down an inch or two, nothing crazy though. I am not sure how it is happening. With having 16,000 gallon pool, should the weight of the water not hold down liner from the little bit of water that is getting behind it? I think there is either a leak in the water feature underground line or the water from the water feature is hitting the coping getting in between the liner and the coping. If anyone has had an issue like this in the past or think they know what is causing it could you let me cause I'm baffled. Thanks!

IMG_0007 by Judge, on Flickr

I don't know what to advise you but just wanted to say that is one of the best looking in ground vinyl pool layouts
I have ever seen!

Thanks! My wife and I came up with the design.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it telling me that the photo is adult content and I can not see the photo unless I log in? ... not worth the effort.

Much easier if you post the direct link in IMG tags: How To Post Pictures tutorial.
I have no idea. I was just going with your instructions on how to post with flickr.

Here's it through Photobucket. Hope you can see this one.

Could it possibly be getting in behind the liner at the liner bead from the fountain splash? You can buy a rubber liner bead seal, pretty cheap I think, install it around the entire pool or just in that area?
If not, there must be a leak somewhere inside the fountain structure. Do you have an access door, or do those large caps move so you could get in there with a flashlight?

vinyl_liner_lock.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZJ3LD2/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.