New here and first time pool

Jun 29, 2016
Modesto, CA.
Hi everyone,
So I just purchased an above ground pool and I want to keep it as simple as possible in keeping water clean. Where do I start? I'm thinking testing the water from the tap first to see what it contains or what it doesn't contain and go from there. I know there's more to it than just filling it up and jumping right it. Pool still in box so I haven't even set up yet.
Thanks ahead of time.

Buy a TF100 and start reading the ABC'S of Pool Water Chemistry in Pool School.

Welcome! Do what ^Casey^ suggested and read! read read! There are threads about installing your own AGP, you can do a search to read some. If you receive your test kit before you get your pool up, practice with the water you will fill with, so you'll be able to figure out what you'll likely need.

In order to do the required testing, it needs to have the Taylor agents, like the TF100 and the K2006 has. I'm on mobile right now, I'll find the links when I get to my desktop. (Unless someone helps us out in the meantime.....)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.