Brand new Primera Stone - pitting/gouging??

Mar 2, 2016
New Orleans
So we have brand new Primera Stone, has been filled since the 19th, and tonight I noticed several fairly serious looking gouges/divots/pits, not really sure what they are. Looks like maybe they're places where stones fell out of??

Is this normal/OK?? I feel like they're new, have been swimming since last Thursday and just noticed them tonight, but perhaps they were always there. It's not a lot, maybe four or five serious spots, but doesn't seem great. There's also one spot where it's very uneven, not so smooth.

I don't know, I remember reading that all the imperfections become apparent at night, with the lights on, and I understand a 15k gallon pool can't be perfect, but just wanted to check with any folks here who have Primera (or anyone who has thoughts, for that matter) to see if this is normal/to be expected, or if this is something I need to be concerned about.

Gonna have the plasterer come by ASAP to take a look himself, but wanted to query the forum as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So I didn't think there was any chance I'd be able to, but I think I did get it. Hopefully this works.

uploadfromtaptalk1467210409902.jpg

If you see right in the middle, that's the spot, and now in the daylight it's pretty clear that it is where a few stones have come out. There are two worse spots, but they're on walls, so don't think I'll be able to capture a picture of them.

In fairness, it took a while for me to find this one in the daylight (although not the others), so it's not a huge aesthetic concern, nor even feel, especially as the others are on walls, but just want to make sure I'm not going to have any issues with algae growing in there, or dirt getting in there, or anything like that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is fairly common in pools with aggregate/larger materials added to the plaster. Additives are supposed to be added to the plaster mix to prevent it (but not eliminate) from occurring.

Please let us know what the plaster contractor says.

I'd love to know if the applicator/plasterer addressed the pitting problem in your pool. Our new finish has wide spread issues with pitting. The plaster company is talking about draining the pool, putting a new layer of 'cream' and polishing again. I'm not excited about the mess and wasted 15K gallons of water. Neither am I sure that the problem will be solved. Please let me know what, if anything, happened with your pool. Thanks.

Curious to know what, if anything, happened with your pool. Our new Primera Stone finish has widespread pitting. They are talking get about draining it, putting a layer of 'cream' and repolishing. I'm not excited about the mess and the wasted water, so I'm wondering whether the issue will really be resolved. Thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.