Site Prep for Intex Ultra Frame AG

May 15, 2016
Seattle WA
Doing the research on getting the ground ready to assemble a pool and Intex is giving different information depending on where you look.

I have a site scraped of sod and will be having a pro level it. I'm a bit confused though on the support pads that go under the u-shaped brackets. The manual calls for a piece of pressure treated wood 15x15x1.2" under each one, flush with the ground. The local pool place doesn't have anything like that, so I was going to make my own using two 16" lengths of 2x6 side by side (I hope that makes sense).

Today I watched the instructional video, where they just say if the surface isn't solid you have to place something under the brackets. Then in the video they show people putting it up on a grass lawn! They didn't even bother to mow it.

SO, Intex above-grounders, what do you have under your brackets?

Thanks!

We got 4" pavers at Lowe's. I haven't done the math, but I'm guessing stacking 2" pavers would be pretty close as long as they sit on each other with no gaps.

You can pretty much ignore the instructional video :)
Are you going to put foam under the pool? It makes a nice surface.

Yes, jmctucson, thinking of going with 1" extruded polystyrene sheets, double-taping the seams with gorilla tape. The lawn is perfectly level, so I was planning on laying out the included ground cloth, then the taped foam sheets, then a gorilla pad. Can't seem to locate 16"x16"x4" pads for the frames...

The 4" thick ones aren't called pavers, they're called blocks. I had issues finding them also since I was calling it the wrong thing.lol. Search for the measurements 4 x 8 x 16. They're only $1.40each at Home Depot. Lowe's is over $3. That makes a huge difference when you're buying 24 of them!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No new updates as of right now davidpoll! I'm short on foam board as of right now- I'll update as soon as I get 2 more pieces and let you know!
As of right now, I am planning on putting my uprights on top of the board which will be on top of my concrete blocks. I used 4" retaining wall blocks to cover the perimeter of my pool site.
153d837272607c555af5226940e094e9.jpg
147bac1ea91d63116f009bb00cfb2f91.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.