Hello from Ohio!

Jun 27, 2016
Oxford
Hi! I'm Molly. I live in Oxford, OH in the home my husband has grown up in. We've owned the place 10 years now. We have a 33K gallon concrete pool that is quite a challenge. We have well water, so we fill from the creek that runs along our property. So there's a solid week or two of the dirt settling & getting it out. An Aquabot was the best thing I've ever bought!! My husband's family would just stir it all up & let the filter get it out eventually. I vacuumed for 7 years but it took forever. I love my Aquabot who does the work & seems to stir up less. He's out there right now doing his job. Our next challenge are all the leaves. We're surrounded by trees so constantly getting leaves out. In the fall, they fill the pool. We've tried covering but due to the size & shape of our pool the pool cover has never stayed on. We have a cover that allows water through, but just can't keep it up. Someday I hope to buy a custom cover that screws down, holds the leaves & water passes through. Until then we start all over each spring - empty, muck, powerwash, fill & clean. Hoping to learn how to better maintain my pool on this site. So far, I've just added shock twice a week, kept Chlorine in the floater & added algecide when necessary.

Welcome. We don't add shock 2 times,a week or add algaecides. We only give our pools,what they need. You can read up in Pool School and click on the ABC'S of Pool Water Chemistry to start. We also have a pool closing forum you could search and ask questions in regards to your big pool.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Yep, as Casey noted, it's not only about what you put in the water, it's about what you don't put in the water. :) TFP Pool School is a great place to see how we maintain safe (sanitized), clear water 365 days a year. Let us know if you have any questions.