Julian Dates

If you know your 3 times table to 12 it's easy. Just drop the last digit and divide by 3. Your answer is the month in numerical form, (round up if you are past the next 10th decimal) to get the current month you are in.

i.e. 180 would be 18 / 3 = 6 (June)

250 would be 25 / 3 ~ 8.xx (August + 1 = Sept)

You answer will be accurate within ~ 2 weeks.

While the suggestion to place a Julian calendar on the site is good, I would think that putting a calendar of any type on the site might tie up server resources to some degree. An option might be to consider adding a static page (maybe linked to Pool School??) showing a table with Julian dates.

Here's one example: Julian Day Calendar
And here's something similar (a zip file containing a Word document): View attachment Julian Day Calendar.zip

I can't imagine it would tie up much resources but I also have zero experience with a forum of this size. I was thinking since there is a date/time stamp on every single post, to have just a date stamp at the top of the homepage would be nice. As I mentioned, I have no problem figuring out the Julian date but others on here do. I suppose a link to a calendar showing the date would work fine too. Just some thoughts!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.