Solar Blanket and Reel...suggestions?

Jul 15, 2008
I've been shopping online for a solar blanket and reel...does anyone have a suggestion on which one to purchase...I'm not sure I want to throw down Rocky Reel type money...but if you have a suggestion for what or where to buy would be great--for both blanket and reel. thanks

gnewport

gnewport said:
I've been shopping online for a solar blanket and reel...does anyone have a suggestion on which one to purchase...I'm not sure I want to throw down Rocky Reel type money...but if you have a suggestion for what or where to buy would be great--for both blanket and reel. thanks

gnewport

gnewport:

I, like you was hesitant about putting the money out for a Rocky's Roller solar cover reel and 3 years later, I'm sorry I didn't. I opted for this from Leslie's - http://tinyurl.com/r2dnnc with this from Leslie's as well - http://tinyurl.com/qkr999

Not the manufacturer's fault but mine - my yellow Lab puppy ate through the cover in less than 15 minutes flat then she went on to the resin handle and base of the solar reel. I managed to rescue the reel and it lasted until the end of that season. I gave in to Rocky's the following season and haven't regretted it. I purchased an aluminized solar cover to replace the one that never made it onto my pool the previous season and while I've been thrilled with the Rocky's Roller I haven't been so thrilled with the aluminized solar cover because it flakes and leaves silver colored (I would imagine aluminum) pieces all over the place including in the pool which causes me to do a lot of added vacuuming.

Today I just ordered a replacement solar cover it is the typical blue and 12 mil. I'll post my likes and dislikes once it is received and installed.

Best of luck.

I picked one up at a local pool store. It's lightweight with a plastic frame and alumimum post. I can't remember the brand name, but I only paid just under $100 and it works great. I've had it for three years and I'm very happy with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.