Can't hold chlorine

Hi, welcome to TFP! What we call good and what pool stores call good are two different things! Could you please post the most recent set of test results you have? Also is the shock you are using dichlor/trichlor or calcium hypochlorite? Did you add all the shock at once or over a period of time?

In order to help us help you please update your signature to include:
pool type (above ground or in ground), surface (vinyl, plaster, or fiberglass), size in gallons, pump brand and horsepower, filter type (sand, DE, or cartridge), filter brand and size, and any water features, cleaning systems, and if there is a spa (attached or detached). Also please include that you are on well water or under water restrictions if those conditions apply to your pool. It will show up at the bottom of everything you post and it is easier for us to help you if we don't have to search the thread for this information.

I don’t post to often since I started following this forum once I learned the basic from this forum (and follow them) I have a great looking pool and relatively easy to maintain. My suggestion buy a quality test kit (TF100) realize that pool stores are more concerned about cleaning your wallet. I do buy chlorine from the pool supply much better quality than big box stores.
The one thing I believe that goes against most people sometimes it’s best to drain the water or part of it and start from there. The average cost of water is $2 for 1000 gallons people are under the impression it cost hundred of dollars to fill a pool.
Anyway post some numbers and pool description.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.