How to proceed? Newbie here :)

Test results:

FC: none detected
TC: 0-0.5
PH: less than 6.8 (very yellow)
TA: 100
Calcium: didn't test
CYA: none detected

Water filled today from well. Kids played in short while. By 5:00pm, green bloom started. I've added 40oz of 8.25% bleach and running filter. Water immediately turned a rusty green color as soon as bleach added.

What should be our next steps? And when - tonight or morning?

Thanks so much. This is a great forum.
Christine

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Update #2
Thanks. I've added the stabilizer and vacuumed the pool. It definitely looks less green this morning. Should we test CYA again this evening or wait a while?

FC 5 maybe higher
PH 8; Acid demand test was only 1 drop

I also added 2oz algeacide. Filter still running. Was planning on letting filter run all day and retest this evening. I expect to add more bleach then for overnight cleaning. I will use Pool Math again.

Thanks again.

cteffenhart said:
Water filled today from well. Kids played in short while. By 5:00pm, green bloom started. I've added 40oz of 8.25% bleach and running filter. Water immediately turned a rusty green color as soon as bleach added.
Since it appears that your pool turned green after adding bleach and, given that your fill water came from a well, you probably have metals in the water. Is the water clear, despite the green color, or is it cloudy?

cteffenhart said:
I've added the stabilizer and vacuumed the pool. It definitely looks less green this morning. Should we test CYA again this evening or wait a while?
It generally takes about 5-7 days for newly-added stabilizer to register on a test.

cteffenhart said:
I also added 2oz algeacide.
I would not add any more - even if it turn out that you have algae. Algaecides are useless on an existing algae bloom. Plus, many algaecides have metals in them, such as copper, which will only add to the metals you may already have in the water.

Since it appears that your pool turned green after adding bleach and, given that your fill water came from a well, you probably have metals in the water. Is the water clear, despite the green color, or is it cloudy?

It generally takes about 5-7 days for newly-added stabilizer to register on a test.

I would not add any more - even if it turn out that you have algae. Algaecides are useless on an existing algae bloom. Plus, many algaecides have metals in them, such as copper, which will only add to the metals you may already have in the water.
Noted. Thx

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.