undecided

Jun 27, 2016
wyoming
Completely undecided.

Never had one, stumbled on this place while trying to answer questions like

To pool or not to pool?

Coping? Zero edge or not?

Salt water or Chlorine? Deck/equipment dependency/issues.

Beach entry or not?

Spa or no spa or completely separate spa?

Basically all the questions everybody else has when they come here so I have a lot of reading ahead of me.

Welcome to TFP :)

You have come to the right place, there are so many threads, ideas, wishes, oops's (is that a word)

Stick around and have fun :)

So here's a genuine question.

Is there a "build thread" anywhere that I've overlooked ? Something similar to what you find on an auto or home forum where somebody keeps links to completed builds.

Something like a best of the best everybody thinks this is a cool build or great job thread ?

Under Construction

This is the closest we come to that idea...............I would go back and pick and choose which ones to read. I know MY favs just because I had SO much fun helping them pick and choose what went into their pools. I will look for them and link you to them. Hold on a few.

Kim:cat:

First, I will say adding a pool was one of the best things we did. It's just my husband and I but we are thoroughly enjoying it. Even if I am not in it every day, I still love having a body of water in the back yard. We do have a waterfall and that adds to it as well so I do recommend some sort of water feature if you can.

When we decided to build, I poured over this site as well as Houzz and others to get a feel of what I wanted our pool to look like. The sky was the limit; however, my budget was not so while I wanted an Infinity type pool (we live on the side of a hill and it would have been perfect), my budget didn't allow for that. For us we had to consider budget, how we would use it, ease of maintenance. We wanted to be able to dive so we chose a design that would allow for that. I have seen many "sports type pools" where the deepest may be 5'. We opted to not have a spa as this is something we just personally didn't feel like we would use. Once I decided on type of pool, I searched this website regarding sizing & type of equipment, pros and cons of SWG, etc.